Today I’m going to talk about how lemons can help you with so many different things, and how you should start squeezing them into your water ASAP!
1. Lemon water for detox: Drinking warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice in the morning helps detoxicate your body and boosts your immune system. Lemon is rich in vitamin C, which helps fight off colds and flues. They are also high in potassium, which helps stimulate brain and nerve function, and that will help you be alert and ready to go every morning.
2. Helps with digestion: Lemon water’s acid helps break down foods that aren’t being digested well, which may cause bloating, heartburn, or constipation.
3. Kick those cravings: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps eliminate cravings.
4. Respiratory symptoms: Warm lemon water helps break up mucous in the throat and chest. It is also great of people who have asthma or seasonal allergies.
5. Clear glowing skin: Because of the high vitamin C level in lemons, it helps decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It also clears toxins out of the blood and body, which will help reduce acne break outs.
6. Strengthens liver function: Lemon water strengthens the functioning of the liver and motivates it to generate more enzymes necessary for different body functions.
6. Lemon water instead of other caffeinated drinks: If you start drinking lemon water every morning, you should not be drinking or not as much coffee. Coffee does have many health benefits, but it’s good to switch it up now and then. Plus, most Americans drink too much coffee, which usually means a lot of sugar and unhealthy cream.
So make sure you start squeezing in lemons to your daily cups of water!